RelayHealth has announced a new direct connection with Magellan Health Services to be used when processing electronic medical claims and remittance. These CPID#'s become effective as of June 17th 2008.
CPID 1419 - Magellan Health Services Professional (CMS-1500)
CPID 5539 - Magellan Health Services Institutional (UB04)
With this change are new rules:
- No EDI Agreements are required to submit medical claims electronically to Magellan when using CPID# 1419 or 5539.
- EDI Agreements are required for electronic remittance advice (Electronic Explanation of Benefits)
- RelayHealth sends the 277U reports and standardized payor reports
- RelayHealth is setting up two additional payor edits for Magellan including HU 0019 in Loop 2010AA, NM108 Must be equal to XX and HU 0022 in Loop 2310B (PROF)/2310C (INST), NM108 must be equal to XX
- Professional: Payer Claim Office Number: In LOOP 2310BB N3-01 must be sent as PO Box, other format such as P O Box or P.O. Box will cause the claim to reject.
- Institutional: Payer Claim Office Number: In LOOP 2310BC N3-01 must be sent as PO Box, other format such as P O Box or P.O. Box will cause the claim to reject.
*Update 9/23/08: Prior to October 15th 2008 clients must comlete a new EDI Agreement for ERA's with RelayHealth's new direct connection to Magellan.
Questions on Electronic Medical Billing and Claims then click here medical claims electronic billing
Key Words: Magellan Health Systems, CPID# 1419, McKesson switched to direct Connection, RelayHealth, Clearinghouse, EDI Agreements, Medical Claim Payment, Medical Claim Billing, medical coding and billing schools, medical billing schools online, medical coding and billing schools online, medical billing classes online, online medical billing school, medical billing and coding courses online, courses online, medical billing classes, chiropractic software, online courses medical billing, medical office billing software, medical coding schools, medical coding courses, on line medical billing, medical billing programs, Medical Claim Connection, How to receive payments, How to collect on outstanding medical balances, Clean claim submission, How to fix a rejection, How to read EDI edits